Oculus VR secures $75 million from investors to build consumer version

By Shawn Knight
Dec 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Oculus VR, makers of the highly anticipated virtual reality headset known as the Oculus Rift, just wrapped up a $75 million Series B round of funding led by Andreessen Horowitz, the same investment firm that was instrumental in recently helping...

Read more
  2. This is exactly what they need so we can break from traditional computing and make the move into VR!
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

I am actually super excited about this whole thing. I really hope they do well.
    H3llion likes this.
  4. This is exactly what the gaming industry needs. More powerfull PCs or consoles for better hi-resolution graphics thus better immersion into the game is fine but the Oculus VR will give it the other level that we've been waiting for a long time now.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

When it comes it comes. Personally I don't care when but one things for sure, I ain't gonna be an early adopter.
  6. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,248   +220

Fingers crossed! :O
  7. NeurotechHD

NeurotechHD TS Rookie Posts: 61   +19

Wow, way to go! I'm fascinated by this technology and have been watching closely. I'm also very surprised to hear it's sold 40,000 units to date. That's incredible for a product that isn't even officially "on the market," as they say.
  8. Dear Santa...