E2180
P35 Neo2-FR / FIR
1 HDD 320gb
1 ODD
Pcolor X1650Pro
4 gig ram transcend
seasonic s12II 330W
Cooler master V8

I just got a power color 4850 1G from a friend (its free! :blush: excess from his upgrade). will my computer PSU able to handle the power required for this video card. It will be my first attempt in overclocking, this old system of mine will be my testing bed.
Since my aim was to practice and experience overclocking, I'm planning to get a new PSU because I'm afraid of blowing things up. My option are OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply and Corsair Professional Series HX650W. I need advise to which one is better, I read each PSU specification. I wonder which one is better, the multi rail design of OCZ or Single rail of corsair?
Is wattage of both PSU will be enough if i go on multi GPU? 2 X 4850 on crossfire in the future?

Thanks you.
rai:)

Corsair is generally considered to be a slightly more reliable brand. I personally would suggest a single 12V rail with high amperage. Do you require a modular PSU? If not, then the Corsair 650TX is cheaper than it's modular counterpart, the 650HX.

I think that for a single PowerColor HD 4850 the Corsair 550VX will be more than sufficient. However, if you're looking to keep the system more "forward compatible" (not future proof because nothing is), the Corsair 650TX should do great. I would think that the 650TX would be the best choice for CrossFire with 2 HD 4850s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back