TechSpot

OCZ accelerates DRAM market exit to focus on SSDs

By Jos
Jan 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. OCZ Technology is a US-based manufacturer of computer hardware known for targeting its products primarily at the enthusiast market, first producing performance DDR RAM, USB drives and various cooling products.

Read the whole story

2. OCZ putting all their eggs in one basket at the expense of their - until recent years - core business. Can't see that backfiring down the road at all.

3. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,897   +940

wahhhh? I love OCZ reaper ram. I have both DDR2 and DDR3 versions of it. I've put it in every high end build I've had for the past few years. I guess I will have to go with corsair or something. I know OCZ's not the best but it looks F*ing cool. I will pick up up another 4gb kit and not upgrade until DDR4.

4. mrtraver

mrtraver TS Guru Posts: 342   +43

Hmm, i missed that previous announcement, but I guess that explains the dwindling selection on Newegg. I've used OCZ RAM and PSUs in all my builds. I had one stick of DDR RAM go bad after 4 years, and got a new matched set for free as a replacement.

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,978   +362

I'm not sure why anyone would buy OCZ RAM now because if there is a warranty issue, soon there will be nothing to replace it with. I'm not saying it's not any good but just their RAM warranty won't be.

6. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

That would put me off purchasing it as well. Its a shame really, because I had my eye on a good deal on OCZ RAM, now I know why its a good deal. :haha:

7. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,897   +940

people who don't care about the warrenty. Pick up some cheap ram to throw in a couple of builds.