TechSpot

OCZ founder and CEO Ryan Petersen resigns effective immediately

By Shawn Knight
Sep 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. OCZ Technology founder and CEO Ryan Petersen has resigned from his position with the company effective immediately. Executive vice president and chief marketing officer Alex Mei will serve as Interim CEO as the company begins their search for a permanent...

Read more

2. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 384   +70

Maybe its marketing but for some reason I only buy corsair. I don't even know if its the best.

3. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

For a CEO to leave with such haste, it's either a sexual assault case that he's trying to quieten or he knows something the rest don't and knows it's time to abandon ship.

Just speculating...

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,112   +1,523

There has to be more reasons to resign than just those two alone.
    • Drug alcohol related issues.
    • Marital issues effecting job performance.
    • Death or illness in the family.
    • Tired of playing a competitive game.

TJGeezer likes this.
  5. OCZ makes great products, and Ryan basically brought this thing from a commodity memory module maker to a real players in SSD Drives, despite competition and doubts.

The picture is of the interim CEO, fyi, not of Ryan

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,945   +381

If they made a more reliable drive....if only...

7. Vertex 4 its a really good Performer its a tier 1 I fi have not tried their other products but that SSD its top quality

8. Jim$ter

Jim$ter TS Enthusiast Posts: 130   +22

I think it's because all there drives are so unreliable he sees the writing on the wall.

9. cwc9001

cwc9001 TS Rookie

OCZ makes great SSDs and when they used to make RAM they were good too. I hope the change of command does not affect their quilty.

10. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,127   +730

Or a higher paycheck... although sexual assault makes for a much better rumor. I wonder if it has anything to do with him spending so much time with Kate Middleton.

CEOs get passed around like NFL coaches. For all we know the story next week will be that he just accepted a position with someone else.

11. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

In fairness, the board did warn him to stop bothering Meg Whitman, but would he listen?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.