TechSpot

OCZ goes all-in with SSDs, acquires Indilinx

By Julio Franco
Mar 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. OCZ announced today they will acquire Indilinx, a South Korea-based manufacturer that specializes in flash memory controller hardware and software for solid state drives. Most notably, Indilinx produced the "Barefoot" controller used on the first generation OCZ Vertex solid state drive, as well as in other OCZ products and from other manufacturers like the Crucial M225, G.Skill Falcon and the SuperTalent UltraDrive ME SSD.

Read the whole story

2. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 422   +48

Consolidation is the word. I hope they will continue with their memory business with prices going up now.

3. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

Will be interestig to see how this works out, would certainly seem to make sense for OCZ given their focus on the SSD market.

4. slamscaper

slamscaper TS Booster Posts: 161   +26

OCZ's hardware is among the best in the business. However, they are notorious for employing dodgy rebate companies. I have been stiffed at least two times on MIR's for OCZ's products (Once on a PSU and another with a DIMM kit). They are the only company that I've ever had rebate issues with. This is no isolated incident either, as I've heard countless complaints from other end-users as well that were fraudulently denied their rebates.

Considering their recent success in the SSD market, I hope they start taking customer support a bit more seriously. C'mon OCZ... Surely you're making enough money to ditch the rebate fraud now...

5. RAM prices have continued to drop and will for the foreseeable future. what support do you have to say that prices have risen?

6. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

mosu may be referring to the situation in Japan as a result of the earthquake, this from fudzilla.

7. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

$32 million? That's nothing