TechSpot

OCZ unveils Agility series SSDs for mainstream users

By Jos
Jun 10, 2009
  1. OCZ continues to expand their already impressive lineup of flash-based storage solutions, this time with the introduction of the Agility series of multi-level cell SSDs. The new 2.5-inch drives won’t outclass their current Vertex line, which in our tests emerged as the as the best value SSD option, but should still offer some pretty solid performance at supposedly affordable prices for mainstream notebook and desktop users.

Read the whole story

2. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

I think this is a nice option for secondary drives. I chose the faster SSD I did, knowing the demands of an operating system, like Windows Vista (and typical Windows o/s'). Slower sata/ide hds are very appropriate for storage and these (though I wouldn't get another one that's only 30-120GB) faster (though not optimal) will be fantastic for applications and gaming. I'll definitely think about investing in a slower SSD for my gaming needs, when they reach the size of 500gb+. I'll use the 2-4TB satas available for storage - much more affordable and it makes sense.

3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,378   +127

Yum...i love how everything gets into mainstream prices eventually.

4. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 311

Funny..Newegg was selling the vertex for $99 one weekend not long ago.

5. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

That was a "double-deal special" or whatever they call 'em.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.