OCZ Vector 150 SSD Review: Little has changed in a year

By Jos
Nov 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Addict Posts: 758   +153

Page 4 says higher is better but I thought the less seconds waiting was better o.O or am I missing something that normal hard drives are better?
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,061   +1,179

And you are correct.
  3. lipe123

lipe123 TechSpot Guru Posts: 393   +63

Damn everyone beat me to the page 4 thing haha.

Another thought though; its really strange that in all the synthetic benchmarks the new vector 150 does very well, much better than the 840 evo in a lot of them. In the real world tests it did.. average though.

Shows how you cannot really trust the synthetic benchmarks.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,088   +723

I really think OCZ has lost its way. Once the pioneers of SSDs, now the runner up.
  5. gamoniac

gamoniac TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 194   +45

MSRP is always higher. We will see the real price when it hits online stores.
  6. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

MSRP is always higher? I can tell you haven't been shopping for an R9 290x
  7. As an OCZ drive owner and a stock owner, I wonder: what happens to that 5 year warranty when the company goes bankrupt sometime this year?
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,061   +1,179

bankrupt?

Is that a projection or do you know something I don't?
  9. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,822   +390

I have a OCZ Vertex 3 120gb and a Samsung 840 Pro 512. The Samsung is in my desktop and the OCZ is in my laptop, both perform very well and I used to think OCZ was the best. In my book though, I would take a samsung anyday at this point, the price to performance and the just solid feeling (no pun intended) of the drives in action feels the best. I wish OCZ could really make some more strides forward again.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.