TechSpot

OCZ Vector 150 SSD Review: Little has changed in a year

By Jos
Nov 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,331   +291

Page 4 says higher is better but I thought the less seconds waiting was better o.O or am I missing something that normal hard drives are better?

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,112   +2,583

And you are correct.

3. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 587   +143

Damn everyone beat me to the page 4 thing haha.

Another thought though; its really strange that in all the synthetic benchmarks the new vector 150 does very well, much better than the 840 evo in a lot of them. In the real world tests it did.. average though.

Shows how you cannot really trust the synthetic benchmarks.

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +965

I really think OCZ has lost its way. Once the pioneers of SSDs, now the runner up.

5. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Enthusiast Posts: 289   +67

MSRP is always higher. We will see the real price when it hits online stores.

6. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

MSRP is always higher? I can tell you haven't been shopping for an R9 290x

7. As an OCZ drive owner and a stock owner, I wonder: what happens to that 5 year warranty when the company goes bankrupt sometime this year?

8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,112   +2,583

bankrupt?

Is that a projection or do you know something I don't?

9. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,186   +587

I have a OCZ Vertex 3 120gb and a Samsung 840 Pro 512. The Samsung is in my desktop and the OCZ is in my laptop, both perform very well and I used to think OCZ was the best. In my book though, I would take a samsung anyday at this point, the price to performance and the just solid feeling (no pun intended) of the drives in action feels the best. I wish OCZ could really make some more strides forward again.