Odd Boot Problem, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this has been addressed but I have search the net as well as the forum with nothing as similar a problem to mines.

Anyways, just recently I have begun to have some rather strange boot problems with my PC. Sometimes my PC would start up but nothing would display on the screen, yes this is a very common thing but when I turn off the PC and turn it on again it would then be normal. At times I would have to turn off the PSU and wait a couple of seconds to turn it back on in order for it to display on my screen. This also happens when I put my PC in stand by mode for 10 minutes or longer (I'm not sure if it works less, just a guess).

Everything inside my PC works (i.e. CPU fan, vidcard fan, nb fan, etc.) a strange thing, maybe not is that when I turn off my PC all the fans will continue to stay on, I'm not sure if this is normal or not. The most recent thing I added was a 500W PSU - XCLIO brand (about 2 months ago, problem started about 2 weeks ago) that was recommended by general consensus for my motherboard (LanParty Nforce 4 Ultra-D) from the now defunct DFI-Street forum.

I just wanted to know what is the problem? I thank you for your time and I am sorry again if this is a double post or anything of that nature.

Your PSU is probably failing. Also replace your CMOS battery. Please do not apologize when posting questions, it's annoying and unecessary.

you would be better off getting a quality PSU instead. Check tomshardware.com and read their PSU reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back