Odd colored vertical lines on Dell E193FP monitor

monkeychef23

Happy Labor day everyone,

I just got back from a 3 day vacation to find that my dell monitor has some odd vertical lines showing up. These lines do not show up on my second monitor (an envision) and they are incredibly annoying.

It seems that the lines appear depending on what window is running. If I have the devices and printers window open, there are random blue lines that go through my entire screen. If I bring up the start menu, then there are green/yellow lines that go up to the height of the start menu, not the entire screen. In both cases, the lines show up through the entire screen horizontally, but not vertically (but these are vertical lines).

I am unable to take a picture because a) my camera sucks b) these lines do not appear in screenshots. Because of this and the fact that my other monitor does not have the problem, I am assuming that the issue is the fact that the monitor is quitting on me. I have had the monitor for a number of years, so that would not surprise me. I just want to get a second opinion on the subject.

Thanks guys!

Alright, I opened up microsoft word and for no apparent reason, the monitor shut off and went back on. Now the lines are gone and nothing is wrong. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Back