Odd error msg Folder

By curagw
Oct 31, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've suddenly started getting this weird error message every time I make changes to the Folder options (i.e. changing from Show hidden files to don't show files, hide extensions, etc). The error message makes no sense to what I am doing!!! The only changes I made to this computer prior to the error message is reinstalling my zone alarm to 7, rather than 8. I don't know how that has anything to do with the error message. Please see attached for the error message.

"...refers to a location tha tis unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on an network. Etc"

Strange thing is, I'm not trying to access anything.... please advise. Is this a registry error?!?

I am using Windows XP SP 3.
  2. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

3. curagw

curagw Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

you are seriously a genius!!! It worked! I no longer have the error sign popping up!!! If i had a million dollars, I'll give it to ya!!! Million thanks!
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +32

Good job CCT! I couldn't open the image and wouldn't have known how to search for this one!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.