Odd Freezing during games.

By Qruze
Aug 6, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, I got a new computer for my graduation, a barebones. Everything ws fine once I got it running for about 3 weeks then all hell broke loose, it would freeze randomly, sometimes even before windows booted up it would have a disk read error, I would restart and it would be fine before it froze again. So my Dad had one of his computer savvy friends set it to defrag everyday, installed a few programs that keep the computer clean like Registry Mechanic and SpeedUpMyPC. It was fine for about 2 weeks.

After two weeks it would start to freeze RARELY on the desktop and when I was on the net but it seems to MOSTLY freeze whenever I try to play World of Warcraft or Warcraft III which is wierd because it doesnt freeze when I play Halo..

Any help? Did this make any sense? D:
  2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Please tell us the hardware specifications of your computer, especially the power supply. We need to know this before we can formulate a solution.
  3. Qruze

Qruze Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Ok tell me if I should at more. :p

I have a;

P6N SLI motherboard made by MSI

Ultra Xfinity 500 Watt ATX Power Supply

GeForce 7600 GS 256MB PCIe w/duel DVI
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.