Odd graphical issue. (Radeon x1950)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a Radeon x1950 video card (and a new Pentium 4 3.0 ghz processor ;3) and I'm having a really odd issue that's starting to strain my eyes. To describe it, imagine you have a picture - now make a duplicate of that picture and lower the transparency to where it's -almost- invisible, then overlay the semi-transparent picture atop the solid one and scoot it over a few pixels.

It's like everything has a weird semi-transparent twin brother hanging out along side it. I made something really fast in Photoshop to better illustrate the problem but uh, apparently I'm not allowed to post links so I can't link to the picture ;p

When gaming and watching videos it's impossible to notice, but staring at these static forums and instant messages it's really apparant and it's starting to pound against my eyes not unlike an angry midget with a hacksaw.

Any ideas? I've already tried pulling the card and putting it back in, I'm running the latest drivers and my previous card (x700) didn't have this issue. I've also tried adjusting the pitch/phase of my tv. I should also point out that I'm using my Sony Bravia TV as a monitor through a DVI to whateverthenormalmonitorpluginiscalled thing that came with the card. Thanks for your time.

I saw this earlier but couldn't think of anything to contribute. However, now let me ask, how was your previous card connected to your TV? Differently than the X1950? The same Sony Bravia, correct?

in other words its ghosting?

try using the correct resolution of your monitor (some monitors, especially lcds work best in a particular mode)
Check your card is giving enough power to run it, with any extra power cables attached properly and get rid of dust in the heatsink.. (in other words, check temps and voltages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back