Odd Mobo issue, possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago, while playing a WoW, the screen goes black and a moment later it looks like it is snowing red and blue dots. A second later and the display returns but all of the textures are in the wrong positions and torn in different locations.

Eventually booting up would cause the same thing to occur from the BIOS screen onward. I can't get a recognizable display to even work in windows now. My first guess was of course that the video card had went bad, yet it was less then a year old. The whole machine is.

I've already hooked up a new moniter with the same results. I've also put ina different PCI express video card, the problem was a bit different with a different card but still unmanagablle. Letters and numbers would display on the screen but would be of different colors and would periodically change. Say for example: The word "Number" would switch between "Number" and "Jumber". The first letter would alternate between N and J.

What would cause this to happen? It dosn't sound like a video issue at all at this point unless the PCI Express slot has went bad but different color numbers and alternating letters and numbers dosn't seem to fall anywhere in that catagory? Am I looking at a mobo or maybe a CPU problem?

this could be hard to isolate. Simplify by removing everything except the video card, ram, and mobo w/ CPU.

then POST. if you still have issues it is your mobo if you have swapped video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back