TechSpot

OEM Audigy 2 and Logitech Z-680

By IanJohnson
Dec 27, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not the first with this problem here, but I haven't found an answer..

I have a Gateway which came with their OEM Audigy 2. I bought the Logitech Z-680 speakers to go with it, and read all the guides on how to get them to work together. I have a mini-RCA connecting the Audigy's digital out to the 680's coax in, etc. The 680's speaker test is fine, there are no cable issues, etc.

My problem is I can't turn on the SPDIF pass-through because the AudioHQ that comes with Gateway's Audigy doesn't have a decoder tab (a problem they apparently share with Dell). As a result I only get Front L/R using the digital output. I would just use the mini pcm outputs and go 6 Direct, but when I do I get all channels BUT Front L/R.

Does anyone know where I can find Creative's drivers for the Audigy 2? The website has only updates, nothing with the AudioHQ app.

Could someone who has the retail Audigy 2 email me their AudioHQ folder?

Has anyone been able to make the Audigy 2 work with the 680s using the analog outputs rather than the digital?

Ian
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.