Office 2000 help files

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DD

Hi, have not been able to get open help files in all of office 2000
doesn't matter which programme, get this message.....

MSOHelp caused invalid page fault in ITSS.DLL at 017f:5d48252c

Have uninstalled/installed and reinstalled.
Have looked through msn support without success, will try again, any ideas.

much appreciated.

If you want some real help, please be more specific in ypour post.

At least tell us Windows version (95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP), eventually circumstances of the crashes, any particular hardware/software configuration...

duku, applications seem to work ok but when i attempt to open help files from tool bar i get this msg and help files don't open, that's the same with all office app's.

win98

If you have Windows 98 and the problem is related only to Office 2000 help files (i.m. the help engine is working properly in other apps), you could try either to apply Office2k service pack 1/2, or to install some updates to Windows (you can search Microsoft's site or try here at 3dspotlight OS updates page).

I would highly recommend (if you already didn't) to install Internet Explorer 6 (as it updates some other important Windows components).

I assume your Office 2000 kit is not faulty and it works just fine on other computer.

If you have some registry backups prior to the error (and you haven't made major software installs), you may try to do a restore.

That's all I can think for now, if you want to provide me with more feedback...

Anyway, if those above aren't working, you might consider to reinstall Win98 or (if you can) upgrade to Win2000/XP platform...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back