TechSpot

Office 2007

By kpbradley
Jun 23, 2008
  1. I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2007 and it just stopped allowing me to send new mail, I am not allowed to remove it. When I try to remove it it gives a error "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run setup again from the original source or disk or download location". I have tried to run the setup again from the original location and I get the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

This is a known error. You might do a search for the fix at Microsoft.com.
    You need all the Office Service Packs... but perhaps it is one of the problems with WXPP Service Pack 3

3. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Try running this as an administrator

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

Then try reinstalling

Just so you know, its the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Package. This should clean all traces of Microsoft 2007 in your system.

--------------------------------------------------

If that doesn't work you may want to read How to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you try to install a 2007 Office system program from the 2007 Office system program CD or DVD

4. kpbradley

kpbradley TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 114

Man nothing is working I cannot even delete the files, out of my C:\ The clean tool you suggested said it removed it but in fact didint. Any other suggestions

5. Rolfman

Rolfman TS Enthusiast Posts: 95

Download unlocker assistant tool for XP...

heres the link...

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

when you get prompter with that message , the unlocker will automatically open up and ask you if want to remove it or unlock it....

select unlock then delete....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.