TechSpot

Office 2007

By kpbradley
Jun 23, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2007 and it just stopped allowing me to send new mail, I am not allowed to remove it. When I try to remove it it gives a error "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run setup again from the original source or disk or download location". I have tried to run the setup again from the original location and I get the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

This is a known error. You might do a search for the fix at Microsoft.com.
    You need all the Office Service Packs... but perhaps it is one of the problems with WXPP Service Pack 3

3. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

Try running this as an administrator

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

Then try reinstalling

Just so you know, its the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Package. This should clean all traces of Microsoft 2007 in your system.

--------------------------------------------------

If that doesn't work you may want to read How to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you try to install a 2007 Office system program from the 2007 Office system program CD or DVD

4. kpbradley

kpbradley TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 133

Man nothing is working I cannot even delete the files, out of my C:\ The clean tool you suggested said it removed it but in fact didint. Any other suggestions

5. Rolfman

Rolfman TS Enthusiast Posts: 125

Download unlocker assistant tool for XP...

heres the link...

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

when you get prompter with that message , the unlocker will automatically open up and ask you if want to remove it or unlock it....

select unlock then delete....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.