Office Outlook 2003 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilllx2p

Ok i'll start from the begginning here.

I work for a factory as an IT guy, recently we have added a new expansion area and one of the secrataries for the company big shots is getting a new office..and will have a total of two offices...one in the new expansion area..one in the old area. So..what has to happen is she has to have access to her email both at the old and the new..and have everything the same at both places. Her email was stored locally in a .pst file due to being over the size limit for the network mailbox. Now I have her .pst file set onto a networked drive personal to her. So on the new computer i imported the .pst file, and set it to save/read emails from that file at both old and new locations. This works just fine..she gets all her emails sends edits saves...etc.... both locations are affected, However..other than the inbox and default folders...all of her folders that she has created on her old machine with emails in them for some reason do not show up on the new one...however the new one did grab emails that were sitting in the inbox read and saved, sent box, drafts etc...

Any suggetions on this would be greatly appreciated as this is supposed to be up and running early next week. I'm not sure if its something I'm missing that i still need to import...but the file size of the .pst is over 1.2GB...and its only showing all of....6 to 8 recent emails all under 100kb.

Can you set up a network between the two offices? Then check to leave mail on the server. This will allow her to retrieve mail from either office.

NOTE: Deleted mail will need to be deleted from the Deleted Items box regularly.

They are networked..and they are using the same .pst file...the problem is one shows all the files and emails..one only shows some.

The Outlook folders are still stored on the local computer
The PST file holds these emails, but the folders must still exist

That's my idea anyway, without searching for answers

Just create the folders manually

Don't understand why the email folder can't be accessed if the network is set up correctly. Remember, you have to set up the sharing on the computer that physically has the files first, then on the other computer. Otherwise it won't work.

Well...i reinstalled office...settings still saved opened up office and the files/folders showed up...lol, well dunno why but its solved.

?

He re-installed Office, and you have asked him to save money and try another Office product

No need he has one already

I simply stated that since he is the IM - that he can save his company some $ by going open source. It is his choice (or rather the company's) if they wish to stick with M$.

I am merely making a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back