Office Pro 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper150

I just purchased what appears to be a factory sealed retail version from ebay. I thought i was careful to watch for any catch or deception. It looks legitimate and appears to be unopened brand new but at the top on the COA is reads "Office Pro 2007 Win32 English Intl Not to US CD". Is this an issue? The "not to us" part has me a bit worried and i do not want to open it until i know that it doesn't mean anything. There is no problem with installing and registering in the US or anything is there? SKU number is 269-11094. Part number is X12-50043-01.

Unless you can return it to the seller for a refund you might as well open it and give it a go. If it's a real version of office and just the international version you should be ok, you just can't get any tech support for it.

It appears to be a real legitimate package. I won't worry about tech support but will i be able to get updates?

The package was legitimate and legal. I contacted MS and the help agent had no idea what that meant on the COA tag and advised me to install it. Again, i wasn't worried about it being a legitimate package, just if there was going to be a problem with activating or updating due to the "not to us" thing. MS told me to install it so i did and it activated without any problems. I haven't tried to download any updates yet but i wanted to get advice on wheather i should or not. Are the updates for this necessary? I do like it though! Outlook 2007 is way better that 2003 imo.

Glad you confirmed with MS, definitely the best option to take :grinthumb

As for Office Updates, and for that matter all Windows Updates, yes do them all, then restart and check Windows updates for any further free Security updates.

These Office Updates are there to improve your Office in Security; ability; and basically improvement on when it was first released. Do them all :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back