Office XP Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am trying to update Office XP. I know I need SP1 - got it - it goes all the way through the installation, I have the **** in but then it just says installation unsuccessful. What do I need to do?

Uninstall office xp and then do a reïnstall and afther the reinstall instal Sp1

Greets Crazy

LOL....
Yesterday when i replyed i didn't even see that "typo"(dont know what he was tinking about).

Must have forgotten to take my pills :giddy:.

Oh well, i would put the office xp disk;) in.

Greets Crazy

PS: /me just took his pills:grinthumb

Originally posted by honeyspotted
it goes all the way through the installation, I have the **** in but then it just says installation unsuccessful. What do I need to do?
there were oh so many things i wanted to say in response to that... but i bit my tongue. glad someone else saw it tho! haha. seriously though, there should be a folder somewhere, maybe in temp directory, that is an office update error log. find it, and see what the error was. maybe that'd help us figure it out.

2 things to note aboout OffXp to SP1 very critical.
Fisrt make sure your original Office registration was done correctly with Microsoft. They will not admit it but the update will fail if there are any discrepencies.
Secondly you must download and update the windows Installer to ver 2.0+ before SP1 will install properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back