Official: Diablo III set to arrive May 15 for PC and Mac

By Shawn Knight
Mar 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Blizzard has announced that Diablo III will be released on May 15 worldwide (sans Latin America and Russia – those gamers will have to wait until June 7). The gameā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Oh perfect, free Diablo III the day after my birthday... have the gf pick that one up for me.

...if it doesn't get delayed anyway
  3. Longtime Blizzard owner (still have Lost Vikings + Rock n Roll Racing carts), except despise anything Warcraft.
    Already had my Collector's Edition pre-purchased 2 weeks ago.
    Gonna look nice sitting beside my Diablo II Collector's Edition (most stuff still sealed including the Diablo II D&D stuff)

Skin getting itchy again.......
  4. hitech0101

hitech0101 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 426   +19

Damn it launches just before my exams :(
  5. Even though Diablo 3 sucks (beta tester), I'm still going to buy it just because it is Diablo. I`ll also buy Grim Dawn and Torchlight 2. Of course Path Of Exile will be free. I doubt I`ll end up playing much Diablo 3.
  6. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,649   +51

Iv anticipated this game more then any other game for almost a decade. But its been to long I almost don't care anymore. If they screw it up I am going to learn how to program and make my own modded version\servers! Hmm it might take me a few years though between school, work, my girl and drinking ah hell ill just cry on the forums like everyone else. Now to find a preorder that will let me download before the release so I can just enter the key at midnight.
  7. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 242   +42

Since you're a beta tester, I have a question. Would you have the information if it is possible to choose the language you want to play or you have stick to whatever language your country region binds you to? Although Arkham City supports a bunch of languages, you can't actually choose them in a menu. When I started the game and saw that the menus were not in English, my heart simply stopped.
  8. treetops

I am not a beta tester but let me say blizzard is pretty dang awesome when it comes to little things like that.
  9. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Guru Posts: 671   +39

This game has a-lot of doubts around it. Loved Diablo 1's atmosphere, Diablo 2 felt different but still fun, hated that Diablo was a...dog...not really scary hopping around. Diablo 3 feels like they stripped to much Diablo away, so we'll have to see how it is. Honestly, i'm keeping expectations low.
  10. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 242   +42

Yeah, Blizzard kicks @$$.

I was just taking a look at my account on their website and I saw that when I click on the Diablo II's game client I can choose the language from there. Most probably and hopefully, the 3rd one will be just the same. But what I really would like to see is in-game selection. This way I could let my girl, who doesn't English, also enjoy this great game.
  11. Superpeter

Superpeter TechSpot Member Posts: 49

...Meanwhile, Computer mice shriek in fear of their impending deaths worldwide

12. The game play graphic and environment is not impress at all, if u play Trine 2 before u will see what i call great graphic. I hope Diablo III will still be the BEST RPG games when it launch.
  13. QuaZulu

QuaZulu TechSpot Member Posts: 34

Bethesda = :) :)
    Rocksteady = :)
    EA/Bioware = :(
    Blizzard = ??
  14. gingerbill

gingerbill TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 166   +12

Looking forward to it a lot. I'm glad it kept being delayed as it proves blizzard is still blizzard and testing a game to death and beyond. Thats why there games are great.
  15. Recipe7

Recipe7 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 142

What?

Blizzard has nothing to prove, they always create amazing games.

What are you, 12? That may explain some things.
  16. Recipe7

Recipe7 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 142

I hear Blizzard laughing.
  17. Well if it doesn't pan out well to my expectation then I'll just move to Dungeon Seige III + Dark Souls to keep my dungeon hack n slack addiction going
  18. Blizzard is the most popular game creater in existance..Bethesda is amazing, granted but Everyone knows who Blizzard is, if you ask random people on the street they will all know. So it doesn't matter if the game is amazing from the start, they will take the feedback and make it amazing. Its a given fact, cant be changed.

19. treetops

I think Nintendo might disagree with you.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.