TechSpot

Offline Gmail leaves Google Labs, integrated into Gmail

By Justin
Dec 8, 2009
  1. Slightly under a year after launch, "Offline Gmail" has matured beyond Google Labs and is now a standard Gmail feature. Google made the announcement yesterday, posting instructions to enable the tool and highlighting some of its features.

Read the whole story

2. lfg18

lfg18 TS Rookie Posts: 86

This seems like a very nice feature from Google, I think I will need to try it, another step foward to cloud computing

3. dhanushka83

dhanushka83 TS Rookie Posts: 20

google Offline is another Superb step of google.

4. dhanushka83

dhanushka83 TS Rookie Posts: 20

google Offline is another Superb step of google.

5. Now if only google could figure out how to do proper Contact sharing like you can do with Calendars. It's a real step backwards for companies trying to migrate from Exchange\Outlook to Google Apps. I would have expected better from the bright folks at Google.

6. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 526

Migration is usually particularly difficult. MS knows this and makes it more difficult as well. At this point i am not sure i would recommend migration to a major company, but Google Apps are definitely something to look into for smaller companies or a company just starting up. It would certainly help with overhead costs in a case where you didn't have to worry about migration much.

7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,208   +392

Amazing, I didn't realized because it was turned on by default for users who already were using the option, will uninstall gears then.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.