TechSpot

Offline Gmail leaves Google Labs, integrated into Gmail

By Justin
Dec 8, 2009
  1. Slightly under a year after launch, "Offline Gmail" has matured beyond Google Labs and is now a standard Gmail feature. Google made the announcement yesterday, posting instructions to enable the tool and highlighting some of its features.

Read the whole story

2. lfg18

lfg18 TS Rookie Posts: 86

This seems like a very nice feature from Google, I think I will need to try it, another step foward to cloud computing

3. dhanushka83

dhanushka83 TS Rookie Posts: 20

google Offline is another Superb step of google.

4. dhanushka83

dhanushka83 TS Rookie Posts: 20

google Offline is another Superb step of google.

5. Now if only google could figure out how to do proper Contact sharing like you can do with Calendars. It's a real step backwards for companies trying to migrate from Exchange\Outlook to Google Apps. I would have expected better from the bright folks at Google.

6. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Migration is usually particularly difficult. MS knows this and makes it more difficult as well. At this point i am not sure i would recommend migration to a major company, but Google Apps are definitely something to look into for smaller companies or a company just starting up. It would certainly help with overhead costs in a case where you didn't have to worry about migration much.

7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,426   +116

Amazing, I didn't realized because it was turned on by default for users who already were using the option, will uninstall gears then.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.