Oh, no! No display!

Hi, I'm NEW to THE COMMUNITY.

I recently had a warning of a rootkit on my computer, but before I could complete a virus scan, my display on the monitor started to turn lighter and darker, then flicker, then have squiggly lines. So, I stopped the scan and did a boot time scan while I was still barely able to see the words on the screen past the pixalated lines.The computer restarted,and I could barely see the percentage of the scan,it said a file was corrupted. It appeared to finish the scan and reboot. but now no display. What the heck??!

How does stella get her groove back?.. I hate this!, did a virus wipe me out? My windows turns on, and I can hear the little music when it turns on and the internet wireless light blinks, but no display. I have tried the monitor on another computer, it displays well, but something happened to that tower, I know it! Does anyone know what I can do about it? How the heck can I run a scan now,when I can't see the display?, I'm blind!!.Woman down!

Hey neicy99,

I've moved your post to the Audio and Video forum at the request of our malware helpers (your display issues are unlikely to be virus related).

Back