"OK Glass" might be the official catchphrase, but alternatives were "Go Go Glass" and "Pew pew pew"

By David Tom
Jul 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. In the early beginnings of Project Glass, Google had yet to appoint a marketing team and was in search of an industry guru. As a result, Mat Balez, the Glass Project Manager, had setup a meeting with Amanda Rosenberg to...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,231   +329

The list seems to be made of how people will perceive the product when they see it first. That's fair. I see no need for any brainstorming on this one...

I'll add mine to the list, in the order of being the most likely first response:

1. "Oh, f.off!"
    2. "F.Nerd!"
    3. "Freak!"
    4. "Yuck!"
    5. "F. Idi0t!"
    6. "Terminator!"

Dear Google, feel free to pick one from the list, and I can give you a reasonable promise that I won't try to sue you for the copyright.

So, for the list of "How to Lose Friends & Alienate People", I would have buying this device as a definitive #1 ;)

To put it otherwise, if I were given a pair of these for free, plus $1500 of pocket money, I still wouldn't put them on, because my friends will think that I must have finally lost it. So I think anyone paying for it must have either lost it long ago or never had much sense in the first place.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,890   +609

I think they should have made the hot word a generic sounding servant's name. Jeeves would be perfect I think.

'OK Glass' makes it sound like Glass and I are a team and we're going to do something together and I need it's approval. I don't want to be forced to be polite to technology.
  4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TechSpot Booster Posts: 145   +36

Why are they trying so hard. Since they used a common English word for the company ('google'), why not one for the product?.......'goggles'.........or a variation, like 'gggls'.

Happy Day! Send royalty check c/o this website.
  5. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,231   +329

Yeah, try gag-all ;)
  6. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 784   +85

Now I feel like watching inspector gadget...
  7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +229

I like my password better that I used to unlock my phone - "Shall we play a game?"

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.