TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

"OK Glass" might be the official catchphrase, but alternatives were "Go Go Glass" and "Pew pew pew"

By David Tom ยท 6 replies
Jul 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. In the early beginnings of Project Glass, Google had yet to appoint a marketing team and was in search of an industry guru. As a result, Mat Balez, the Glass Project Manager, had setup a meeting with Amanda Rosenberg to...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,227   +1,489

The list seems to be made of how people will perceive the product when they see it first. That's fair. I see no need for any brainstorming on this one...

I'll add mine to the list, in the order of being the most likely first response:

1. "Oh, f.off!"
    2. "F.Nerd!"
    3. "Freak!"
    4. "Yuck!"
    5. "F. Idi0t!"
    6. "Terminator!"

Dear Google, feel free to pick one from the list, and I can give you a reasonable promise that I won't try to sue you for the copyright.

So, for the list of "How to Lose Friends & Alienate People", I would have buying this device as a definitive #1 ;)

To put it otherwise, if I were given a pair of these for free, plus $1500 of pocket money, I still wouldn't put them on, because my friends will think that I must have finally lost it. So I think anyone paying for it must have either lost it long ago or never had much sense in the first place.

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,785   +1,146

I think they should have made the hot word a generic sounding servant's name. Jeeves would be perfect I think.

'OK Glass' makes it sound like Glass and I are a team and we're going to do something together and I need it's approval. I don't want to be forced to be polite to technology.

4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,955   +361

Why are they trying so hard. Since they used a common English word for the company ('google'), why not one for the product?.......'goggles'.........or a variation, like 'gggls'.

Happy Day! Send royalty check c/o this website.

5. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,227   +1,489

Yeah, try gag-all ;)

6. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

Now I feel like watching inspector gadget...

7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,222   +426

I like my password better that I used to unlock my phone - "Shall we play a game?"