Ok I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a Emachine from my neighbors because they were getting rid of stuff and they were going to give everything to goodwill, but it wont turn on or light up at all (when I got it the system the cover was on but the screws were out of the psu box and i had to take the cover off and put it in right(im sure i did it right) it was upsidedown and stuff but i screwed it back in) anyways it wont turn on like im saying no fan or anything im not sure whats wrong with it right now i heard the emachines psu wernt good for a long time I was wondering if there was a way to fix it without buying a new part but if theres no other way then I also dont know much about it because have the owners manual

Emachine T2385

Intel Celeron (2.3 GHz)

Intel 845GL

512 MB DDR SDRAM

(I couldent find anything about a sound card)

3d Intel Extreme Graphics AGP

80 GB Standard

16x CD/DVD

See if you can scrounge a working PSU off someone and try that.

That's the only way you'll see if it IS the PSU without buying one.

It does sound like the most likely culprit though.

{Especially as the old one was unscrewed}

could i just get any random psu from another computer or does it have to be a spicific kind cause im sure theres a older cpu that still works laying around in our garage i could use that one if i could

Yeah, as long as it has the same connectors - ie ATX {the 20 pin Motherboard one, and the 4 pin 12v one to the 'Board - if it uses it.}

You don't even need to screw it in.

It may pay just to connect the 'Board up, see if it POSTS. If it does, try connecting the HDD etc,then power on, one by one and checking each time.
That'll rule out any shorting peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back