TechSpot

Okay, I'm getting kinda paranoid of my computer... (not as important)

By Rini
Sep 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Okay,so I boot my computer, fresh from the shop for the third time,and I download some things. Next morning when I turn it on, WHAM,bsod.I was scared half to death because if it got broke,it wouldnt be fixed again. I restart it,everythings fine. I delete ALL that I downloaded and continued on. I got IE 8 because I didnt have internet then,and a couple minutes ago, it said "Reboot and insert a media device." Then something else I cant remember then it said "Press a key." I pressed the key three times,message repeated. I then just re-booted and everything was fine. Is that normal? Should i download something? Im on my computer with the weird things happening.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,189   +225

So what did you download, torrent stuff? What was this laptop repaired for this last time?

3. Rini

Rini TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

Sorry for sorta late reply,but I have downloaded some angry bird games and touhou games (japanese 2d shooters) because Im a game person, i got winrar,and utorrent. Reason for my laptop being sent in was my laptop BSOD'ing me repeatedly and running VERY slowly.

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

if you're getting bsods then you got a hardware issue.....

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,189   +225

So now for the next question... What is the make and model number of this troublesome laptop? You say that you're a gamer. Most laptops are far from being good gaming laptops