Old ATA drivers on Asus P6T (regular)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfasdfasdf

Hi, I recently installed my two old ATA drivers into my case. Right now, I am unable to have my motherboard detect the two old ATA's. I have one ATA as old as 5-6 years (from around 2003) and the other being from 2005 and up. I have a regular (NOT DELUXE) ASUS P6T X58, and I have connected everything: the power supply to the ATA drives; and the IDE cable to the drives. I have set my jumpers around many many many times such as making both cable, both masters, one master and one slave etc. Everything else doesn't seem to work at all, and my drives are being undetected. Can anyone help out? As always, help is always appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thank you!!!

Go to bios, should be an option in onboard devices so that your mobo actually uses ATA interface.

WOW THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM FOR THE WHOLE DAY AND YOU COMPLETELY SOLVED THIS PROBLEM FOR ME IN A JIFFY AND A SUPER FAST REPLY FROM SOMEONE TOO WOW THANK YOU THANK YOU THIANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I JUST CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH CUZ I THOUGHT MY SUPER OLD ATA DRIVES WOULD NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE NEW MOBO'S THESE DAYS WOW THANK YOU I WOULD HUG YOU IF I COULD AND ALL BUT... W/E THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. sorry for the caps it's just that you sort of made me want to cry and i'm so so so so happy... now i just have to install my vista onto my old ata drives as my OS drive... again, THANK YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back