Olympus unveils Project Glass-style wearable display prototype

By Jos
Jul 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Wearable computing is shaping up to be the next big trend (or fad?) in technology, with Google presenting its Project Glass headset in spectacular fashion at this year's Google I/O conference and news of Apple recently being granted a head……

Read more
  2. Neojt

Neojt TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 135   +9

of course they did tere already getting ready to sue someone for something thats not really their idea
  3. Apple has too much money to waste, now they patented the head display, they probably don't have the technology or prototype, they just patented an idea and are waiting for a company to get a product on the market then sue them for billions and when the company cannot pay they will buy the company and claim they invented the technology.
  4. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 630   +116

You couldn't pay me to where those glasses in the picture. I have a hard enough time making myself look presentable. I don't need those on my face.
  5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,869   +345

Who was in charge of making the design for these?
    No one in america (and im assuming europe) would get caught dead wearing these.
  6. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,045   +62 Staff Member

@Ranger12 @ikesmasher I'm with you guys on that one. They look ridiculous. Although to be fair, those are still prototypes.
  7. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,022   +684

C'mon guys, they'll look sweet with a bluetooth headset and your Samsung Note in a holster on your belt. If anyone asks you about it, you can do the Robot while you answer.
    Jos likes this.
  8. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

1500 bucks ya right....
  9. ikesmasher

rofl
  10. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

They may need add collision detection, so when you hear "heads up!" you can duck the food being thrown at your face.
  11. ikesmasher

spydercanopus, the way those things look, they probably have radar built in...haha

12. dennis777

dennis777 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274   +29

dragon ball tech... cant wait for the capsule corp to show up.
  13. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 329   +56

The price is for the developer version, you know the limited production ones made so that program makers can have access to them they are not for the general public.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.