Onboard audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

driftcat23

I have the ASUS P5KPL-cm motherboard and Antec 300 case and for some reason I have no audio. Computer is not even recognizing any audio hardware. No sounds play at all, no volume controls are accessible since there is no audio to adjust. I have checked that my system sounds are not muted and ran the services.msc and made sure that audio was enabled. I have all the drivers installed and have double and triple checked that they are the most up to date versions. I have the HDA plugged in but I don't see a slot for the AC'97 maybe a problem? Let me know what you think.

Hi Welcome to TS,

I think your problem is that the audio is not turned on in the BIOS.
Looking at you manual:

1. Press <Del> during the Power-On Self-Test (POST) to enter the Setup utility
  2. Using your right arrow move to the advanced tab
  3. Move down to Chipset
  4. Advanced Chipset settings
  5. Then go down to South Bridge Bridge
  6. Then make sure the Audio controller is set to Azalla and Audio type to HD

The instructions are a little vague as your manual sucks so I'm not truly sure how to get from Chipset to the Advanced bridge connections but just look for Advanced options then SOUTH bridge when your in chipset. May take a bit of looking.

Also i know you said you've done it but make sure you have the correct utilities installed.
Go here
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Click on Audio and make sure you have driver installed. Its all done through the VIA utility ands so without that installed there is no onboard sound according to the manual so make sure that's there and enabled. A user guide on how to use that audio utility is on the link i gave you above.

yeah I did all this and its all configured correctly and still nothing. I'm wondering if it may be a hardware issue with the board. I already had to return one board to Fry's because I wasn't getting a post at all. It's an Asus mobo so I'd expect it to be of quality but maybe I should upgrade the model. Any other suggestions before I throw more cash at it?

I have the ASUS P5KPL-cm motherboard and Antec 300 case and for some reason I have no audio. Computer is not even recognizing any audio hardware. No sounds play at all, no volume controls are accessible since there is no audio to adjust. I have checked that my system sounds are not muted and ran the services.msc and made sure that audio was enabled. I have all the drivers installed and have double and triple checked that they are the most up to date versions. I have the HDA plugged in but I don't see a slot for the AC'97 maybe a problem? Let me know what you think.

AC'97? You have onboard HD Audio. AC'97 was the sound standard before Hi Def Audio (so you don't want to see AC'97! :))

1) Are you sure all the chipset drivers are installed?

2) Check if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post

=D

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_82EA1043&REV_01\3&11583659&0&D8

This device is disabled.

Hah! finally a potential lead. Thanks guys.

and I have both HDA and AC97 I have HDA plugged in and its configured to run as such in my bios I just have it so thats why I was worried it might be hardware incompatibility. I dont know how to enable the device though but I'll look around and see if I can't find out.

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_82EA1043&REV_01\3&11583659&0&D8

This device is disabled.

Hah! finally a potential lead. Thanks guys.

and I have both HDA and AC97 I have HDA plugged in and its configured to run as such in my bios I just have it so thats why I was worried it might be hardware incompatibility. I dont know how to enable the device though but I'll look around and see if I can't find out.

what:???? You have Hi Def Audio on your machne. What makes you think you had AC97 in any form?What makes you think Hi DefAudio drivers are correct?

--=> please inidicate whhat you believe are the hi def audo drivers and their error code status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back