Onboard audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwilsonf

Hello, I've been having audio problems for a LONG time and everytime I reformat or reinstall windows I have to reinstall different things to get audio. Before my last reinstallation, I was messing around in the device manager when I had no sound, Selected AC'97 something and restarted and had sound, It worked nicely, I have this button on my keyboard that mutes it when I press it and a little ( \ ) goes over the speaker symbol (never happened before). I know it was onboard audio because that's the only thing my headset was plugged into. Anyways, I've reinstalled windows again and cannot seem to find what I was looking for to get sound again, I've searched and just can't find anything. I went into bios and put enabled as the audio thing (I think it said enable ac'97 audio codec), I tried it on enabled then I tried it on auto and neither worked. I just want to use my audio sound and anyone that would help me get it back would be awesome.

Thank you :)

Hi mwilsonf,

mwilsonf said:
I've reinstalled windows again and cannot seem to find what I was looking for to get sound again, I've searched and just can't find anything.

do you get any error message?

and what is that you cant find?

a button or something?

What I want is sound, The only way I know how to get it is through onboard. I want to know how I cna figure out what onboard card I have and then get it to work? Cause I plug stuff into the onboard sound slot thingy and sound doesnt work.

What I did last time, was click update drivers on something in the audio section of the device panel, clicked manually find the drivers myself, then unclicked the show compatible box, I then clicked some random thing with AC'97 in it (There were quite a few of them, now there is only 1 and it doesn't work) and I can't find them to do it again.. the screen I am talking about is

aefasdfmm6.png

as you can see to the left is my failure compiliation of downloading random drivers but bleh, I don't really know anything and I just want sound.

you havent installed your sound drivers yet.
do you still have the CD that comes with your motherboard?

if you're unsure what sound driver you have:

please click start > Run,then type dxdiag.hit enter.

on the Dxdiagnostic screen,at the lower part,click "save all informations".

a report will be generated into notepad,save it to your desktop.

please attach the result in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back