Onboard Audio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just set this computer up and I'm having problems with the onboard audio. Motherboard is a Foxconn A7GM-S using Realtek Audio. Their program for playing with the audio works to test left/right with a test sound, but past this test sound I have no audio. I've tried online video/audio sources (youtube, pandora), tried mp3 source. I've tried uninstalling the driver and using the most updated drivers from realtek.com.tw

Also tried to find these drivers from Foxconn. At one point I tried to uninstall them and it wouldn't let me through device manager so I went through add/remove programs to uninstall all the High Definition audio. I'm pretty much at a loss and I found very little on google about this problem specifically with my motherboard.

If you are using Vista, try going to Control Panel then Sound. Your audio device may be split into different outputs (Speakers, Digital, Headphones etc). Try testing each, and if you find one that works, set it as default.

Sorry, but I can't remember the proceedure for XP.

Please run a dxdiag report.

Start > Run

in the open box,type dxdiag and hit enter.

at the directx diagnostic tool screen,lower part,
click "save all information".a report will be generated
in notepad,save it to your desktop and attach the
report in your next reply.

Ok... before I checked back on these replies I checked at a different source and tried this:

Installed the codec pack from cccp-project.net rebooted, uninstalled the drivers once again, reinstalled, rebooted.... and now my problem seems to be fixed for now. At least for the first time I have audio from this computer.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back