TechSpot

Onboard graphics detected not graphics card

By Syaoran Li
Jun 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everyone.... How r u all??? Nice to meet u all..... ^_^
    well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics... now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card.. I tried in bios but in the display part there are only 2 options 1 is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work... so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager??
    laptop model: lenovo ideapad z570
    graphics card: Nvidia geforce gt 540m
    and one more thing...In one of the game I checked PES 2012 it shows as its using onboard graphics.. and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it....
    one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there 3d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics.. and I couldnt change it.....​
    can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager???
    thanks....
  2. mike1959

mike1959 TS Addict Posts: 1,060   +20

Hi , The option is the one where the nvidia card and intel on-board are shown, and the BIOS should select the nvidia card as priority if it can, and has a choice.
    It's sometimes known as 'Primary Video' & the option is called PEG.
    Make sure you save the settings when you exit or they won't be changed from before.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.