Onboard video no output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I hope someone can help.

There is no signal from the onboard vga port. I've swapped power supply, changed ram, disconnected all peripherals H/D and drives, checked H/D, monitor, all are ok. When the ram is removed the pc beeps as expected.
What i would like to know is there any way to check the vga port like with a voltmeter? and would simply installing a new vga card solve the problem or do i need to change the mobo?

Thanks,
scenturian.......

Easiest way is to find or borrow another video card to try or test.
Our shop has repaired over 8000 computers without seeing a failed VGA port... but I am sure it will happen sometime.
In our experience, the video card is among the most failure prone of all computer components. Some fail in six months, while others may last 6 years, but they all fail sooner or later... and unpredictably.
If your computer is in otherwise decent shape, it is likely time to replace the card, remove the old driver or remove the vga device in Device Manager, then install the new one.
Be sure you have a decent power supply... Quality is more important than power output, but I would look for one in the 450 - 600 watt range

As you say Raybay this is not only for the vga card or any graphic but every peripherals as for HDD etc.. that after sometime it become old and simply fail but the most to fail is the vga card as you mentionned.

No need to reply to this. Here's what happened 'The pc belongs to a client, the next day i went there and pressed the power button and everything came on ok'. Go figure... Was the pc just tired and needed a rest!!!
Thanks guys for your input.

Make your client feel good. Drop by frequently for the next few weeks to assure that it was a one-time shot. Ask them to keep notes on how they use that machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back