One Blue Screen and Now Can't Boot to User Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpinnz

My computer just froze the other day w/ a BSOD, and i thought it wasn't a big deal so i tried to restart and right after the black windows loading screen, it restarts itself before i get to the 'Select User' screen. I remembered that it said kernel stack and inpage, and i found this error:

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228753

Only problem is that I can't boot in Safe Mode, much less normally. Any thoughts?

Windows XP
AMD 1.8
512MB RAM

hi good day to you:
you can try this, the same thing was happened to me, insert the winxpcd into your cd rom drive: press any keu to boot from cd. In Wecome setup choose repair a windows xp using recovery console or press R. Once inside the recovery console type chkdsk at the command prompt

cont..
once chkdsk was completed restart your pc..

Followed your directions to a T and they worked perfectly! The system is now up and running again. Thank you very much for the help!

Spoke too soon it would seem. Ran the system for about two hours last night, then tried to restart it again later and it just keep rebooting itself before getting to the user screen, same problem as last time. Did what you said again, even ran chkdsk twice to make sure it was good, but when I restarted it continues to just keep rebooting itself.

It's a desktop, and it kept making the noise right before it restarts itself like I just shut it down, like the hard drive is powering down or something. Could the hard drive just need to be replaced? This is the worst week EVER for this to happen to me! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back