TechSpot

One of a kind Final Fantasy II NES game on eBay for $50,000

By Leeky
Aug 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A rare American Nintendo Entertainment System game cartridge has surfaced on eBay, with its owner pitching it as a "truly one of a kind" English language Final Fantasy II game, and ofering it up on the popular auction site to one……

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,913   +362

thats interesting. Its cool to see things like this pop up every once in a while.

Ill now be headed over to my box of NES/SNES/n64 games to make sure I have nothing worth any money.
  3. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

Whoever bought that video game collection a few weeks ago is probably going to want to buy this as that collection claimed to have "every" game out there. That can't be true if this is "truly one of a kind". Someone is lying here lol
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,913   +362

I have a hard time believing anyone knew this really existed.
  5. I through in an $800 bid, was declined almost immediately.
  6. Isn't there some question as to the legallity of selling this? I mean it seems like a prototype that an engineer took home and thus is company property still right?
  7. Matt Kelly

Matt Kelly TS Rookie

That collection had every released game. This was a demo cartridge that was not released.
  8. SCJake

SCJake TS Rookie Posts: 80

Not really, as US squatters law is why "possession is 9/10 of the law" after either 7 or ten years, cant remember, the property you have had in your possession is now yours if no claims have been filed in that time frame
  9. UnknownSky

UnknownSky TS Rookie Posts: 41

So many feels...
    tehbanz likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.