One of USB devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned

Guru1294

Yes im getting this specific error (CODE 43) whenever i plug in my 8GB usb stick into ANY computer, i wanna know how i can somehow fix it. I also noticed i can in no way access it in any way. Windows says the device has no driver installed on its on memory. Please help me!! It happened today this morning at school, it was plugged into the computer for 10 minutes and was idle for that long, then i tried copying some files from it to the computer and that wasnt working so i unplugged it and plugged it back in then the erroe popped up. I know it happened this morning because i had a few documents open from the flash drive before it was idle for 10 mins.

No my school computer didn't get a supposed virus

Yes im getting this specific error (CODE 43) whenever i plug in my 8GB usb stick into ANY computer, i wanna know how i can somehow fix it.

Yikes! Sorry to say it sounds like that usb stick is dead :dead:

1. It happens on every computers AND
2. Code 43
Code:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
3. Windows has generic drivers that support a USB memory stick (when it works :( )

Let it rest in peace.
LOL :haha:

Tho still, in general, be advised: Don't use any flash drive as the single backup/storage media for any of your critical data. (i.e. Always have another copy available elsewhere) Some more then others, but they can all fail.

/* edit */
Well, in fact, always having 2 copies of data for backups is the right strategy in the first place.. but be especially worried if your only copy sits on a usb flash drive

/* edit */
Well, in fact, always having 2 copies of data for backups is the right strategy in the first place.. but be especially worried if your only copy sits on a usb flash drive

Been there, done that!

Losing over a years Metallurgy degree studies material was a lesson hard learned! :haha:

I now keep 2 current backups of everything important, as well as keeping older backups for a few months at a time on top of this. I'm determined never to screw myself up in regards to this again! :D

Not a view shared by my missus though, who is constantly questioning my (rather rapid) consumption of DVD-R's and D/L DVD-R's! :( I'll build a file server one day and fill it with discs instead, but alas she probably wouldn't be happy with that either! :haha:

Back