One thing Firefox is missing

By bielius
Jan 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey, i was using firefox and chrome before for a long time, but now i want to move completely to firefox. But one thing firefox is missing from chrome is when you write a fraction of the adress in the adress bar, you have to click down and then enter, to visit the website. Unlike in firefox, chrome automatically completes the adress of a website, so you don't have to click down and enter to visit the website. Is there any plug in for firefox to do exactly that? I was browsing internet but did not find anything like that...

thanks in advance! :)
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

ARe you using Firefox 9.1? or earlier?
  3. bielius

bielius TechSpot Booster Topic Starter Posts: 224   +14

I am currently using Firefox 9.0.1 build.
  4. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 467

Autofill Address in URL Bar

Other than the smart location feature, you can also get your URL bar to autofill the address as you type the URL.

Go to "About:Config"

Config name: browser.urlbar.autofill
    Default: False
    Modified value: True (Have Firefox autofill the address as you type in the URL bar)
  5. bielius

bielius TechSpot Booster Topic Starter Posts: 224   +14

Good sir, your comment made my day. Thank you very much! now i can completely move back to firefox! :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.