Ongoing BSOD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having an extremely annoying problem with random crashes.
I have attached the error message and some of the latest minidump files.
Can someone please have a look and give me an idea of what the problem might be?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 100000ea
BCP1: FFFFFA800BE6DBB0
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini050309-02.dmp
C:\Users\Ron Watt\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-100953-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Ron Watt\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9267.tmp.version.txt

Thank You

I keep having the same random crashes--bout one ever hour or less. Then, a windows critical error message comes up. In detail, it shows these files:

C:\DOCUME~1\HARRYO~\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe1be.dir00\Mini050309-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\HARRYO~\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe1be.dir00\sysdata.xml

The only thing I've done recently is install the microsoft patches and updated my sound card graphics drivers.

-Otter:confused:

I created a new Windows User Account profile and delete all my other User Accounts (Start, Ctrl Pannel, User Accounts). Rebooted. And everything works. No more crashes.

:)Otter

hi moewatt

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M (100000ea) is the error code cited and the file causing the problem is dxgkrnl.sys ....

There might be a conflict between your video drivers and Direct X .... try re-installing directX drivers and also upgrading your graphics drivers to the latest ones from the manufacturer website. Also, if you're overclocking your video card, set it back to normal. What graphics card are your running? There seems to be quite a few errors on systems running Catalyst AI ....

For future reference, please only post one zip file with all your minidumps as opposed to 5 different zips.

Spyder_1386 :)

Hey moewatt

I believe that your problem lies with the fact that the FireGL model is not really meant for high end gaming as its more for workstations and only casual gaming. They still run on the catalyst drivers for the Radeon range. Read through this as it also mentions compatibility issues with the FireGL and gaming ..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_FireGL ....

You could try upgrading to the latest Catalyst Drivers for your specific system (32 bit or 64 bit and OS) from here ....http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx or here ... http://www.filehippo.com/download_ati_catalyst/ .... If you already have a version of Catalyst on, do an uninstall using a program like Driver Cleaner and then do a fresh install of the new Catalyst drivers. Hope this helps.

Thanks Spyder_1386

Thanks for you input. I have tried all with no results. As for the gaming that is not the issue, I use my computer for work with 3D cad software. I have RMA'd the card back to ATI.

Hey moewatt

Thanks for the update! Please do let us know how it all ends up. As for the support - it's a pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back