TechSpot

OnLive readies game streaming app for Google TV devices

By Jos
Jan 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Video game streaming service OnLive is adding yet another option for users to access their service. In a post just published to the Google TV blog, OnLive CEO Steve Perlman said…

Read the whole story

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,951   +388

Onlive keeps doing more awesome things. I just tried it and played the batman demo and I could hardly tell the difference. Over wifi, too.

3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Have they updated it?

Because last time I tried it, resolution wasn't 1080p, and controls' input time noticeably lagged when compared to a native game.

4. pixelstuff

pixelstuff TS Rookie Posts: 19

So this is interesting. Also at CES this year Samsung was showing off TV apps for services like Verizon's FiOS TV service and DirectTV's Service which eliminated the set top box as long as you had a good IP connection and of course the subscription to the service.

Perhaps in the near future almost all video services will simply be an app. No need for other boxes stacked under the TV for any screen in your house.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.