Only desktop shows on TV

Wakenaam

Friends: I installed a ATI Radeon Graphics card (X300/X550/X1050 series). I am trying to get the video display on my monitor to show also exactly on my TV. It was working OK when I had a CRT monitor. I have just replaced this with an Acer LCD monitor and now I only see the desktop on the TV. How can I get my TV to clone whatever is shown on my monitor? Windows 7. Could someone kindly walk me through the steps? Thanks for any help.

Right-click on the desktop, Screen Resolution. In the 'multiple displaus' drop-down, select 'duplicate'.

Note that you will need to be running at the same resolution to do this. So if TV and monitor don't match, one will be smaller.

Stickm4n: Thanks for the reply. I did what you suggested and it worked. The only problem is that I get crappy resolution now on the monitor. Is there a way I can get around this, to provide separate resolutions to the monitor and TV? Like a graphics card which many give me the flexibility to provide different resolutions to monitor and TV? Thanks for any help.

I seem to recall that there is a software solution for this. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Found something. Have a play with this.

Stickm4n: Thanks for the response. Will give it a try and let you know what happens. Thanks again. Cheers!

Back