Open browser disappears from taskbar

By learninmypc
Jun 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I'm talking about the bar that has the Start button at the far left & notification area & clock at the other?
    [​IMG]
    If in fact it is the Taskbar, how do I keep my active browsers visible in it?
    I'm tired of having to use the Alt/Tab keys to bring them back. Yes, I did right click the "taskbar" & put a check mark in Lock The Taskbar, but it don't help all the time. Help please & Thanks.
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,182   +230

This is how it sometimes looks with browser open
    [​IMG]
  3. learninmypc

Well, Since I originally posted this, it seems Opera is the only browser
    that don't disappear from the taskbar.
    I dumped Google Chrome because the adblock addon wouldn't work even after I uninstalled/reinstalled it.
    I'd still like to know why SeaMonkey & Firefox sporadically hide?
  4. learninmypc

Any thoughts,suggestions,ideas? Please:)
  5. enderlicious

enderlicious Newcomer, in training Posts: 61

No solutions here - but I will mention that it also happens to me on occasion in XP. Sometimes it occurs when I hit the minimize button, and sometimes just randomly. I've just been patient and alt-tabbed 'em back.
  6. learninmypc

Thank you very much for your reply. I was beginning to think it was just me.:)Mine even disappear as I'm using the a browser, but I too alt-tab 'em back.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.