TechSpot

Opera 12.10 adds Windows 8/OS X features, Chrome 23 gets DNT

By Matthew
Nov 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Opera has released an update today, bringing a handful of new features including improved support for Microsoft and Apple's platforms. Opera users who have purchased new touch-enabled Windows 8 devices will be happy to find enhanced support for finger input....

Read more

2. darkzelda

darkzelda TS Rookie Posts: 85   +10

Opera is the best browser, no doubt about it!

3. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,169   +176

Learning to like it but a few things not as good as firefox such as noscript, https everywhere and flashblock.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

I only upgraded to it on my Mac, and I am sorely disappointed I did. Wish I was still using Time Machine for backups because 12.10 is using 35-45% CPU just sitting there doing nothing and gmail refuses to load (can't even get the login page up). I'm a little timid to update on my PC just because if I lost Opera on both computers I use regularly I'd be in a world of hurt. Hopefully on my Mac I can get by with Safari long enough for 12.11 or something to come out.

5. @ SNGX1275

Testing 12.10 on a low-end Windows 7 desktop (provided work computer) and I'm having no such idle CPU issues. Can anyone else test this out to see if it's OS related?

6. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,930   +569

The society of Opera people is like that of Linux - they are convinced, self-proclaimed #1, but nobody cares about them, to which there always good reasons.

In my practice I pulled away from Linux twice, and from Opera 3 times. The combination of Win7 + Chrome is the best today, don't waste your time trying to convert me again - won't work this time :)

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

I couldn't find anything online with other people having problems with gmail, but I did see some complaining about CPU usage. So I'm just timid to try it on Win 7 when 12.02 is working fine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.