TechSpot

Opera 12.10 adds Windows 8/OS X features, Chrome 23 gets DNT

By Matthew
Nov 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Opera has released an update today, bringing a handful of new features including improved support for Microsoft and Apple's platforms. Opera users who have purchased new touch-enabled Windows 8 devices will be happy to find enhanced support for finger input....

Read more

2. darkzelda

darkzelda TS Addict Posts: 249   +85

Opera is the best browser, no doubt about it!

3. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,552   +352

Learning to like it but a few things not as good as firefox such as noscript, https everywhere and flashblock.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +394

I only upgraded to it on my Mac, and I am sorely disappointed I did. Wish I was still using Time Machine for backups because 12.10 is using 35-45% CPU just sitting there doing nothing and gmail refuses to load (can't even get the login page up). I'm a little timid to update on my PC just because if I lost Opera on both computers I use regularly I'd be in a world of hurt. Hopefully on my Mac I can get by with Safari long enough for 12.11 or something to come out.

5. @ SNGX1275

Testing 12.10 on a low-end Windows 7 desktop (provided work computer) and I'm having no such idle CPU issues. Can anyone else test this out to see if it's OS related?

6. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,024   +1,281

The society of Opera people is like that of Linux - they are convinced, self-proclaimed #1, but nobody cares about them, to which there always good reasons.

In my practice I pulled away from Linux twice, and from Opera 3 times. The combination of Win7 + Chrome is the best today, don't waste your time trying to convert me again - won't work this time :)

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +394

I couldn't find anything online with other people having problems with gmail, but I did see some complaining about CPU usage. So I'm just timid to try it on Win 7 when 12.02 is working fine.