TechSpot

Opera 12 brings camera support, more themes, speed and security

By Matthew
Jun 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Opera Software has released a major update for its browser with improved aesthetics, features, security and performance. Unlike many previous revisions, Opera 12 doesn't seem to tweak the user interface much, but it does offer a new theme system with…

Read more

2. dcnc123

dcnc123 TS Member Posts: 52

Cool..... But I love chrome already.... haha

3. I ruv you Opera! Especially more so seeming as those FB buyout rumors have died down/

4. Oh God yes. PLEASE do not let Opera be bought by Facebook. I would be terribly upset if I had to delete Opera because it was owned by Facebook. Right now Im torn between which is the better browser, Chrome or Opera. I think Chrome since I use it most of the time but damn they are pretty much neck and neck. Rest assured if Facebook buys Opera EVER I will have no choice but to delete it and make Chrome my primary browser.

5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Damn, just tried it and it still has that same garbage rendering engine.

6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,552   +97

Shame the "Instant themes" I tried yesterday just reported a server error. Other than that another nice update to Opera.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.