Opera Bookmarks

learninmypc

I went back to my Opera Tutorial thread to try to remove these
Bookmarks.jpg
NOT the folders, but beneath them.
But was unable to obviously. I've even gone into Tool>Preferences>History & click deleted & have put a tic in Delete on exit but these remain.:confused:

Have you tried just opening the bookmark menu. Then scrolling down to the link you want . Then right click. A small menu should pop open. Then you can scroll down it and click on delete.

There’s nothing special or tricky about this. If you want to delete or re-arrange Opera bookmarks, like jobeard said, you just use:
Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks…

Select the bookmark and either click on Delete on the Toolbar menu, or right click the bookmark > Delete.

That’s how it’s done and it should work. If you’ve tried it correctly and it really doesn’t work, then your Opera is defective.

There’s nothing special or tricky about this. If you want to delete or re-arrange Opera bookmarks, like jobeard said, you just use:
Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks…

Select the bookmark and either click on Delete on the Toolbar menu, or right click the bookmark > Delete.

That’s how it’s done and it should work. If you’ve tried it correctly and it really doesn’t work, then your Opera is defective.
Is there a way to repair Opera? Or dump it , reboot & start over,again.?:)

To repair Opera, download the setup (installer) from its site:
http://www.opera.com/

Now first try the easy way. Double click the setup and choose the “Accept and Repair” option. Follow the steps. This should repair any defects without affecting your settings.

If that doesn’t do the job, you’ll have to save your bookmarks etc, uninstall Opera, preferably using Revo Uninstaller, and then re-install it.

To repair Opera, download the setup (installer) from its site:
http://www.opera.com/

Now first try the easy way. Double click the setup and choose the “Accept and Repair” option. Follow the steps. This should repair any defects without affecting your settings.

If that doesn’t do the job, you’ll have to save your bookmarks etc, uninstall Opera, preferably using Revo Uninstaller, and then re-install it.
Ok, since I'm using W7, I hear revo don't work on it.
Also, you say "Double click", I've changed mine from double clicking to single click, so should I still "Double click " the setup & Choose Access & Repair or single click it?
"EDIT" update. The Access & Repair didn't work so I've uninstalled it via Programs & Features, rebooted & will reinstall it soon.
"2nd EDIT",Have reinstalled Opera & all is working fine, so far. Thanks.:)

Did this arise from your venture into 'Opera Portable' by chance? Because as others have noted, what you saw shouldn't have occurred.

Glad you’ve got fixed and it’s even better for you that you figured out yourself the answers to your last questions, which should help you build self-confidence. :)

Back