TechSpot

Opera launches Coast: a tablet-inspired web browser for iPad

By Shawn Knight
Sep 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Opera has launched a new browser for the iPad called Coast. It’s the result of nearly a year and a half of work born out of the frustration that browsers haven’t really changed since the days of Mosaic despite the...

Read more

2. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 734   +230

Another classic Opera failure. No auto-fit to screen? No scrollbar? No categorized favorites? No chance. How much indifference will it take before these wannabe trendsetters (I.e. design school dropouts) realize their "vision" of an interfaceless interface doesn't serve anyone's needs?

3. Still waiting for the iPhone version of Opera...

4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Took the words out of my mouth.

5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 984   +31

When will people on the internet realise that their needs aren't everyone's needs? Oh, never. I wonder if you're even an iOS user.

When I browse on the tablet I rarely bookmark nor do I use a scrollbar (which I normally don't use on the desktop either, since the scroll wheel is more accessible).

Will the Opera interface be good for me? I have no idea. I'm okay with a desktop style browser, but it's possible that it would work. It will be hard to tell without using it.

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

This is definitely interesting. Ill check it out.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.