Opera's Coast browser is now available on iPhone

By Justin Kahn
Apr 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Last year Opera Software debuted Coast on iPad, and now the browser has come to iPhone. With a strong focus on minimalist design and gesture based devices, Opera set out to modernize mobile browsing next to some pretty heavy competition.

Read more
  2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 956   +96

I like the minimalist design. This might just get them to the number three spot. I used Opera Mini for the compression for a few years across three phones, but since Chrome got it, it's Chrome all day errday. Sorry Opera. :(
  3. Cryio

Cryio Newcomer, in training

Did they release Opera under the name of "Coast" on iOS because it doesn't run on the same engine as on desktop/Android?
  4. Runt1me

Runt1me Newcomer, in training

Concluded long ago they were unable to fix their own bloated leaky mess for pc. That started out as minimalist/efficient/fastest and most secure browser.
  5. Nick D

Nick D Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

Safari is the only browser that has access to the best website (since apple strictly enforces tis). All other browsers use an inferior webkit. Chrome at least ties into the google ecosystem, I wonder what opera is aiming for.
  6. Nick D

Nick D Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

Autocorrect, I meant webkit.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.