Operating System is not Booting (Boot Loop maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My friend was working on a lab report and listening to music when (as she describes it) the music sounded like it was starting to skip and the computer then "freaked out" and shut itself down. She then started it back up and it came to the black sceen that has the options:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

She then tried the Start Windows Normally option and it started the load screen for 5-10 seconds, and then it went to a black screen with a white cursor blinking in the cursor (this usually happens) and then it reset itself to the black screen with the Safe Mode options.

She then tried the Safe Mode option and it went to a black screen with typing that said "Multi(0)Disc(0)RDisc(0)Partition(1)/WINDOWS/System 32/(something different)" repeated over and over again. It then set itself back to the Safe Mode options.

She then tried Last Known Good Configuration and it reacted exactly the same as the Start Windows Normally option.

She is running Windows XP Home Editiion on a HP, Model #HPDV2000, Product #DV2000.

It looks to me like this is stuck in a "boot loop" or something. I"m not exactly sure how to fix it, but if anyone has any ideas she'd really appreciate the help.

-Ekia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back