Operation could not be completed. The print spooler services is not running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmanp01

Hi

When i try to add a printer i am geting the following error message:

"Operation could not be completed. The print spooler services is not running."

I am using windows xp.

Try starting the soppler services by going to the admin tools - servicese etc but still get the error message.

Any ideas please.....

Patrick

Are you sure you started the service? Go to Start > Run > services.msc > Enter/Ok. Find "Print Spooler" - right click it and head into "Properties". You should be able to change the startup to "Automatic" and if it's stopped, click "Start".

Hi Mathew,

I've checked and it is set to automatic but it's not started then i start the services and try the add print and still get the same error messages..

Patrick

Try going back into services.msc and check to see if you have LexBce Server and go to Properties and set it to Automatic and Start as well. That may help you end your issue with it.

If you find a service with StartupType=Automatic yet its Status=Stopped that means either:
> An error occured on Windows startup that prevents it from starting or
> It starts but an error prevents it from continuing to run

Possible errors would include your printer driver not installed correctly or corrupt. You might try uninstalling / reinstalling it.

In addition to reinstalling the printer driver, i'd suggest you check your Windows Event Logs (check both System and Application logs)
> Look at the event timestamps to look for any ERROR entries that occured at or after startup
> If you need further help let us know (and also tell us if you run XP Pro or XP Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back