Opinion about Microsoft's campaign

Captain828

just wandering, what's your opinion about MS's campaign?

'cause, man, the first two (Seinfeld) vids were totally weird... and the new one is just plain dum imo

also, is it me or the new MS ads on TS that say "I'm a PC", written in all capitals and all close to one another read more MAC than PC?! :haha:

Love those Ads/ short films. Love the fact that they are trying to change their image.

In spite of my inherent dislike of all things M$, I have to say that it's about time they fought back. The Mac commercials are actually defamatory, and in some cases flirt with outright, boldface lying.

The "I'm a Mac" guy was every bit as annoying through about the first hour and a quarter of "Live Free or Die Hard". I figure they only turned him to a help instead of a hinderance, so audiences wouldn't walk out of the movie.

As far as the M$ spots go, upfront I can't abide Jerry Seinfield at all. He's not funny, way overrated, and most certainly overpaid!

As far as the "I'm a PC" bandwagon propaganda, meh,else can I say.

Personally I'd like to see them drop the gloves altogether and go with something along the lines of; If you'd like to own an massively overpriced computer that won't run any of your current software, and has rather limited propietary software of it's own, by all means buy a Mac from Rasputin, er Svengali, um I mean Steve Jobs. And by the way, none of your games will work either. Have a nice day.

They should conclude with a trace of humility by apologizing for Vista. But that's just my personal opinion.

I think they are stupid, especially the endings where Jerry says something like "Will Microsoft create a giant penis that will give you back massages? If it's a possibility, break dance for me Bill."

And guess what? Bill Gates break dances.

Pretty awesome dancing Bill, you're just looking like a douchebag to everyone and it's guaranteed that in a few weeks those "I'm a MAC" advertisements will be making fun of you with that guy in the suit and that other unemployed guy who was in "Live Free or Die Hard".

yeah, I think they could use the fact that if you want to game hard... then the PC is the only way and show a video of a huge LAN party where ALL the PCs have Windows on them

they could also emphasize on the fact that you can install Windows on ANY PC you make with what-ever components you wish and just show some DIY-ers with hardware configs ranging from low-end to ultra high-end + mods

for a little fun, on the I'm a PC page, as you enter it and click "see who's a PC", on the second row, the first pic is one of Ballmer; I dare you click it... :haha:

Haven’t seen the ads. But it seems an opportune time to recite the old comment:

“The only way MS can make a product that doesn’t suck is to start making vacuum cleaners.”

Where There's a Will There's a Way..... to Litigate Around it

Haven’t seen the ads. But it seems an opportune time to recite the old comment:
“The only way MS can make a product that doesn’t suck is to start making vacuum cleaners.”
Then Steve Jobs could get Mr. Dyson to play the part the annoying Mac guy part.

M$ puts deep thought and spends thousands of man hours in developing at new product. Therefore I deem it necessary to recite this old saw, "a camel is a horse made by a committe".

It should be noted however many of those hours are spent in developing the DRM. And another considerable expenditure of time in trying to put the people who originally thought of it out of business.

I didn't mean that, that's just uncalled for.

yeah, I think they could use the fact that if you want to game hard... then the PC is the only way and show a video of a huge LAN party where ALL the PCs have Windows on them

they could also emphasize on the fact that you can install Windows on ANY PC you make with what-ever components you wish and just show some DIY-ers with hardware configs ranging from low-end to ultra high-end + mods

for a little fun, on the I'm a PC page, as you enter it and click "see who's a PC", on the second row, the first pic is one of Ballmer; I dare you click it... :haha:

That would actually be a good commercial, show like liquid nitrogen mods and those really insane casemods that some people show off at LAN parties. They should go to one of those really big parties like DreamHack since there is thousands of computers and a majority are running Windows.

exactly; I've never heard of anyone trying that on a MAC (no pun intended)

also, they could go the nasty way, like Apple did it with the "I'm a MAC" ads and show installing Apple's OSX on a custom cumputer, running like sh!t and then the same one with Vista :evil:

EDiT: sincerely, MS doesn't know what to do with their money and don't know how to properly counter Apple's ads and nasty puns
they should basically do it in the same fashion apple does it... or don't do it at all

while we clearly see that MS is targeting a more "high-spec" market with their new ads... their are so subtle and complex and long-term that most people will only scratch their head (not to mention letting apple with a nice chance for more p4wning)

Back