Oppo's Find 7 smartphone debuts with world's first 5.5-inch Quad HD display, can snap 50MP images

By Shawn Knight
Mar 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Chinese smartphone manufacturer Oppo is making waves today with a new handset known as the Find 7. The 5.5-inch device may not look overly impressive at first glance but don't dismiss it just yet as there's plenty under the hood...

Read more
    misor likes this.
  2. waterytowers

waterytowers Newcomer, in training Posts: 85

Wow, QHD is bit of overkill for a screen that size, but if the battery life is ok why not... I wish they would concentrate on getting more laptops with QHD screens...
  3. CJ100570

CJ100570 Newcomer, in training

You mean it can kinda, sorta take 50-megapixel photos!
  4. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

Look another $599.00 phone noboby introduced one since last week
  5. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 942   +94

This is arguably the best $599 phone ever made.
  6. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 968   +147

so if another manufacturer would utilize the same technology and combine the best 8 pictures, can a 100-megapixel "super zoom" image be created?

anyone with background in photography (or anyone who understand image processing): is this similar to the tech used in nokia's pure view technology?
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  7. atherosXD

atherosXD Newcomer, in training

from what I've read from other sites. it is not similar.
    misor likes this.
  8. The best 4 pic only not enough for perfect superzoom
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,815   +702

Specwise: Satisfactory. Featurewise: On par. Pricewise: Acceptable. Namewise: They should be tarred & feathered.
  10. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 804   +201

At first I wanted to condemn this thing for being a damn huge phone and borderline tablet. It won't fit into any of my built in cell pockets in my pants/shorts and I wouldn't want to feel this large object attached to my belt all day.
    Then I looked at the specs.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.