TechSpot

Option for system specs

By Archean
Jul 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Will it be possible to allow forum members one of the two options they can select to show in system specs in the post title?

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,602   +357

Hey Archean, I don't think I understand what you want us to add as an option, can you please elaborate?

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,913   +92

I'm betting he means that rather then all the spec fields being labeled: CPU: Mobo; etc, can you add or leave a couple blank to list what you want.

4. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

I thought he was referring to having the option to choose which system (from your profile) to show in system specs in the post banner.

5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,913   +92

I think you're right, I thought it said "one or two" options.

6. Mizzou

Guess we'll need to hear from Archean to be sure, but it would a nice feature.

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 6,062   +77

Exactly that is what I meant, sorry to cause all this confusion though :D

8. Julio Franco

And with post banner, you mean the system specs drop down?

9. Mizzou

That's what I was trying to say :)

10. Archean

Yes, in system drop down, as Mizzou have already said. Thanks

11. Julio Franco

A quick update... I've been wanting to comply with your request to select either system on your personal specs drop down, it shouldn't be much of a problem (or so I thought initially) but I've already hit a wall twice trying to find the code that assigns this data in the middle of vBulletin's spaghetti mess.

At the same time we're waiting for vB's ex-developers now in charge of Xenforo to release version 1.1 of their software and move to that platform.

12. Archean

Cool, thank you for your time and efforts in this regard Julio, hopefully there will be a way to do this sometime in near future. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.